Focuses on structures of four productive relationships:
1. Relationship between the traditional system of water temples & the irrigation bureaucracies implanted by the Dutch after their conquest of Bali in the 19th century.
2. The relationship between the social & technical aspects of terrace management.
3. The relationship between the representation of power in the rituals of water temples & the royal cult of divine kingship.
4. The contest of rationalities between water temples & the Balinese state.
- Production Date 1991-04-04
- Organization Princeton University Press
- Location J2
- Language English
- Media Format Book
- Program Theme Sustaining foodways & livelihoods
- Communication Issue Areas Agrobiodiversity & Food Sovereignty