Planting for Change highlights the critical need to safeguard not only the landscapes in which China’s agricultural biodiversity still thrives, but also the local knowledge that enables farmers to use and improve this diversity to enhance food security in the face of climate change.
IIED produced the film in association with the Centre for Chinese Agricultural Policy, which has worked with the farmers in Guangxi since 2000 through China’s first participatory plant breeding program, and is now scaling up these innovations to Yunnan.
- Production Date 2013-12-17
- Program Global Program
- Grantee International Institute for Environment and Development
- Language English
- Media Format Web Link
- Video URL http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePgJHurMSUs
- Program Theme Sustaining foodways & livelihoods
- Communication Issue Areas Agrobiodiversity & Food Sovereignty