Flyways celebrates the great bird migration between Africa and Eurasia along the Great Rift Valley, using music of the cultures over which the birds fly.
Each spring, more than half a billion birds of 350 species follow the Great Rift Valley along the length of the African continent from South Africa to Ethiopia, and continue across the Middle East to Turkey where they diverge to Europe and Asia. This flyway is one of the most important bird migration corridors in the world. Flyways is a musical chronicle of the birds’ long journey using music from each of the cultures over which they fly and weaving the voices of the birds into the fabric of the music.
To learn more, visit Flywaysmusic.org
- Production Date 2012-08-30
- Program Global Program
- Grantee Music for the Earth
- Language English
- Media Format Web Link
- Video URL http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwI3FD80nj4#t=0
- Program Theme Celebrating & revitalizing cultural expression
- Cross Cutting Elements Creative practitioners
- Communication Issue Areas Cultural Expressions