An agro-ecological response to challenge posed by climate change for ensuring the future of food security by mitigation, adaptation & equity based on the following principles:
1. Industrial globalized agriculture contributes to & is vulnerable to climate change.
2. Ecological & organic farming contributes to mitigation & adaptation to climate change.
3. Transition to local, sustainable food systems benefit the environment & public health.
4. Biodiversity reduces vulnerability & increases resilience.
5. Genetically modified seeds & breeds: a false solution & dangerous diversion.
6. Industrial agrofuels: a false solution & new threat to food security.
7. Water conservation is central to sustainable agriculture.
8. Knowledge transition to climate adaptation.
9. Economic transition toward a sustainable & equitable food future
- Production Date 2008-09-09
- Organization The International Commission on the Future of Food and Agriculture
- Location I4
- Language English
- Media Format Book
- Communication Issue Areas Agrobiodiversity & Food Sovereignty, Indigenous Peoples & Climate Change