A music & ethnographic map highlighting fate of traditions, beliefs & social relationships in Muslim & Jewish Central Asian cultures during & after 70 years of Soviet rule.
Book is accompanied by a disc on the last page. CD contains urban, rural & ritualistic music & chants.
- Production Date 1996-02-03
- Organization Theodore Levin
- Artist Theodore Levin
- Style Miscellaneous
- Program Central Asia
- Location E3
- Language English
- Media Format Book, CD
- Program Theme Celebrating & revitalizing cultural expression
- Cross Cutting Elements Creative practitioners
- Communication Issue Areas Cultural Expressions